Week 8 - JACOB'S LADDER -
Bible Time FUN Through the Bible
Kids Bible Lesson 8 - Jacob's Ladder
Week 8 we had fun learning the Bible story of Jacob’s Ladder.
In the previous Bible stories, we learned God promised to make Abraham the father of a great nation. In this children's Bible lesson, the children learn how Jacob continues the story of God's promise through a great dream.
This is a great story of God’s love and protection. Have fun learning!
If you haven’t read the introduction to Bible Time yet, I recommend you read the outline about the Bible lessons for children first.
Children's bible lesson about jacob's ladder - Key Concepts
The key concepts that we focused on this week are:
God is close to us.
God loves us and wants to bless us.
Through worship we can respond to God’s promises
You can also come up with your own key concepts.
Bible Verse for kids
The Bible verse for this lesson is Genesis 28:16 “Surely the Lord is in this place”.
This Bible verse should be simple enough for your toddler to memorize after a week of practice.
Bible Story Tips
We read the story “Jacob’s Ladder” beginning on page 15 of the children's Bible Storybook called Bible-Time Stories and Rhymes.
During story, draw attention to the key concepts for this lesson.
Don't forget to ask questions related to the story, for example, “What did Jacob see in his dream?”
This week our daughters learned about blessings, what it means to worship and how we can be close to God.
After the Bible story and discussion session, we stand up and do the interactive rhyme found in the Bible storybook.
After the story and rhyme, we say a prayer that is related to the Bible story. You can either have your children repeat after you or allow them to come up with their own prayer.
Bible Song about jacob's ladder
The Bible song for this week is "Jacob's ladder".
We cast the song from YouTube to the television, so our children can see the motions on the big screen.
bible Activities about jacob's ladder
We did different Bible activities each day - related to the story Jacob's Ladder. We also have a selection of free Bible activities about Jacob’s Ladder here.
The Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all of the Bible activities printed for your convenience, learn more here. Some activities included:
jacob's Ladder coloring Page
While our daughters colored the Jacob's Ladder Bible Coloring Page, we talked about how God spoke to Jacob in his dream and promised to be with him and protect him.
Jacob's Ladder bible Craft
We had a great time doing the Jacob’s Ladder Craft.
During this Bible craft, we talked about Jacob’s dream and how God made a promise to Jacob to bless and protect him.
- The craft can be made by cutting a ladder and cloud out of construction paper. Then have the children glue the ladder and cloud to a piece of construction paper.
- Next, you can write, “God always keeps his promises” on the cloud.
- My daughter Allie asked me, “where are the angels,” so you can also add angel-shaped cutouts to complete the craft. (We used the “Jacob’s Ladder Craft” found in the Bible Time Family Fun Pack.
Pretzel Ladder Bible Snack Activity
We enjoyed a tasty treat while we talked about the Jacob’s Ladder Bible Story.
- We talked about Jacob’s dream. Jacob dreamed about a ladder that stretched from the earth to the heaven. Angels climbed up and down the ladder. God spoke to Jacob from the top of the ladder. We explained that when Jacob woke up, he know that God was Jacob’s presence.
- To learn how we made these tasty snacks, go to the Pretzel Ladder Bible Snack Activity.
Build a Sacred Place Bible Activity
A sacred place is where we go to feel close to God. Jacob felt the presence of God right where he lay, and he worshiped God in that spot.
For this activity the girls built their sacred place by making their tent comfortable for them. We discussed some ways they can spend time with God and how to worship him.
- We explained to the girls what it means for something to be sacred and how we can go to a sacred place to spend time with God.
- I reminded the girls that they can spend time and worship God any time.
Ascending Angel Bible Craft
This was another fun Bible craft that demonstrated to the girls God’s closeness to us.
We talked to the girls about what it means to have a relationship with God and some ways to
strengthen our relationship with him.
Jacob's Ladder Cut-out Bible Activity
This was a fun activity that taught the girls things they can do to be closer to God, while testing their puzzle solving ability!!
To do this activity you’ll need:
An angel cutout
and a coin
- Build the angel by taping straws to the back of the angel cutout. Make sure the straws are parallel to each other.
- Tape the coin to the bottom of the angel (for weight).
- Thread string through the straws for placement on a door.
We reminded the girls that if we have a close relationship with God we can see his blessings in our lives.
(We used the Ascending Angel Craft found in the Bible Time Family Fun Pack.)
Jacob’s Ladder Bible Quiz
We finished up the week summarizing the Jacob’s Ladder story.
- The girls learned a lot about Jacob and his dream, and they did a great job answering the questions to the Jacob’s Ladder Bible Quiz.
I hope you enjoyed week 8 of Bible Time FUN Through the Bible. Please comment or share using #bibletimefun.
Don't forget, the Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all these activities, printed for your convenience. Learn more about the Bible Time Family Fun Pack Subscription Box.
1. Coming soon
Children's Bible Lessons
There are 52 children's Bible lessons, one for each week of the year. I tailored the lessons to fit the age of my children by making them simple and interactive
To begin, select a lesson.