top of page
Week 9 - THE STORY OF JOSEPH -
Bible Time FUN Through the Bible
Kids Bible Lesson 9 - The Story of Joseph
Week 9 we had fun learning the Bible story of Joseph. In this colorful story the children will learn about jealousy, forgiveness and how God can take a bad situation and turn it into something good. They learn that God will never leave them.
Have fun learning about Joseph and his brothers in this colorful adventure!
If you haven’t read the introduction to Bible Time yet, I recommend you read the outline about the Bible lessons for children first.
Children's bible lesson about jOSEPH - Key Concepts
The key concepts that we focused on this week are:
Jealousy can cause us to sin.
God can create good from a bad situation.
God wants us to forgive others as he forgives us.
You can also come up with your own key concepts.
Bible Verse for kids
The Bible verse for this lesson is Genesis 39:2 “The Lord was with Joseph”.
This Bible verse should be simple enough for your toddler to memorize after a week of practice.
Bible Story Tips
We read “The Story of Joseph” beginning on page 17 of the children's Bible Storybook called Bible-Time Stories and Rhymes.
During story, draw attention to the key concepts for this lesson.
Don't forget to ask questions related to the story, for example, “Why did Joseph’s brothers throw him in the pit?”
This week our daughters learned about jealousy and how it can cause us to sin. They also learned what it means to forgive and how important it is to forgive others.
After the Bible story and discussion session, we stand up and do the interactive rhyme found in the Bible storybook.
After the story and rhyme, we say a prayer that is related to the Bible story. You can either have your children repeat after you or allow them to come up with their own prayer.
Bible Song about joseph
The Bible song for this week is "Isn’t He Wonderful".
We cast the song from YouTube to the television, so our children can see the motions on the big screen.
bible Activities about joseph
We did different Bible activities each day - related to the story of Joseph. We also have a selection of free Bible activities about the Story of Joseph here.
The Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all of the Bible activities printed for your convenience, learn more here. Some activities included:
The story of joseph bible coloring Page
While our daughters colored the Story of Joseph Bible Coloring Page, we talked about how Joseph’s brothers were jealous of him and this caused them to do something very bad to Joseph.
Joseph's Colorful coat bible Craft
The girls loved making Joseph's colorful coat.
During this Bible craft, we talked about how Joseph’s coat made his brothers jealous. Because of their jealousy they decided to throw Joseph in a pit and sell him to a merchant.
We taught the girls that we have to be careful not to have an attitude of jealousy because jealousy can cause us to sin.
- The craft can be made by cutting a shape of a coat out of card-stock paper.
- Next, cut squares of different colored construction paper and have the children glue the colored paper onto the coat.
(We used the “Joseph’s Colorful Coat Bible Craft” found in the Bible Time Family Fun Pack.
The Forgiveness box Bible Activity
Forgiveness is a very important concept for children to learn. We talked to the girls about what forgiveness is and how to say, “I forgive you” when someone has wronged them.
- We talked about how Joseph’s brother’s actions caused many hardships for Joseph, but in the end, he forgave his brothers and ultimately saved them from starving during a famine.
- We did an activity that helped reinforce the concept of forgiveness. If you'd like to use this Bible activity to teach the concept of forgiveness to toddlers or pre-schoolers, try the Forgiveness Box Bible Activity.
Making Bad. . . .Good Bible Activity
We had several opportunities this week to show the girls how to make good out of a bad situation.
One of these opportunities was when it snowed outside and the girls weekly story time was cancelled. They were sad that it was canceled, but we talked about how sometimes things happen that we don’t like and we can figure out how to make something good out of the situation.
The girls helped come up with the idea to go outside and play in the snow. They had a blast!
- During the week, teach the children that they can develop a positive attitude by making good out of a bad situation. Try to find opportunities to show your children how to turn a bad situation into a good one.
- Talk about the good things came out of Joseph’s bad situation?
- Remind the children that God is able to make good out of bad situations.
Heavy Load Bible Activity
Despite all that had happened to Joseph, he was still able to forgive his brothers for mistreating him.
We explained to the girls how forgiveness is important to learn early in life, because holding grudges can have a physical and emotional impact on us.
a Colorful Story Bible Activity
This was a fun activity helped the girls to see the story of Joseph in a colorful way!
This Bible activity demonstrates how burdensome it is to hold a grudge against someone.
Begin the activity by placing heavy objects, such as rocks or large books, into a sack.
- Ask the children to take turns carrying around the heavy sack. Tell the children that carrying around feelings such as hurt, anger, and bitterness in their hearts is a heavy load to bear, just as carrying the sack is.
- Teach the children to use the words “Sorry,” and “I forgive you.”
Tell the children that forgiving others helps us feel better.
While using the Colorful Story Bible Activity, we talked about jealousy and how it can cause us to do bad things.
The Story of Joseph Sequence Bible Game
We finished up the week summarizing the story of Joseph.
- The girls did a great job putting the events of Joseph’s life in order, using the Story of Joseph Sequence Bible Game.
We explained to the girls how God was able make good out of the bad sequence of events.
I hope you enjoyed week 9 of Bible Time FUN Through the Bible. Please comment or share using #bibletimefun.
Don't forget, the Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all these activities, printed for your convenience. Check them out below! Learn more about the Bible Time Family Fun Pack Subscription Box.
Children's Bible Lessons
There are 52 children's Bible lessons, one for each week of the year. Every lesson, craft and activity is simple, fun and interactive - tailored for toddlers & preschoolers!!
To begin, select a lesson.
1. Coming soon