Week 3 - Noah's Ark -
Bible Time FUN Through the Bible
Kids Bible Lesson 3 - Noah's Ark
For week 3 we learned the Bible story of Noah. The story of Noah is amazing! It includes a family, animals, a huge boat, a flood and why we have rainbows.
Your children will learn that even though God had to get rid of the evil in the world, he still loves us. Have fun learning this great story!
If you haven’t read the introduction to Bible Time yet, I recommend you read the outline about the Bible lessons for children first.
Children's Bible Lesson about noah's ark - Key Concepts
The key concepts that we focused on this week are:
Noah’s obedience made God happy.
God wanted to destroy sin, not people.
God promised never to flood the whole earth again.
You can also come up with your own key concepts.
kids Bible Verse
The Bible verse for this lesson is Genesis 9:11 “Never again will there be a flood to destroy all life”.
This Bible verse should be simple enough for your toddler to memorize after a week of practice.
Bible Story Tips
We read “Noah and the Ark” beginning on page 5 of the children's Bible Storybook called Bible-Time Stories and Rhymes.
During story, draw attention to the key concepts for this lesson.
Ask questions related to the story, for example, “What did God ask Noah to do?”
I asked our daughters questions about what sin is. And I also explained that God wanted to destroy sin, not people.
After the Bible story and discussion session, we stand up and do the interactive rhyme found in the Bible storybook.
After the story and rhyme, we say a prayer that is related to the Bible story. You can either have your children repeat after you or allow them to come up with their own prayer.
bible Song about noah's ark
The Bible song for this week is "Noah’s Arky, Arky".
We cast the song from YouTube to the television, so our children can see the motions on the big screen.
bible Activities about noah's ark
We did different Bible activities each day - related to the story of Noah and the Ark. We also have a selection of free Noah's Ark activities for children here.
The Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all of the Bible activities printed for your convenience, learn more here. Some activities included:
Noah's Ark Coloring Page
While the girls colored this Noah's Ark Bible Coloring page, we talked about the different animals that Noah brought into the ark.
Noah's Ark Rainbow bible Craft
During this craft, we talked about how God put a rainbow in the sky as a promise to Noah that he will never destroy the earth with a flood again.
The girls did an awesome job gluing the colored strips to the cloud, then they decorated the cloud with glitter.
- Another option is to glue cotton balls to the cloud to make it fluffy.
- The craft can be made by cutting different color strips of construction paper and cutting a cloud from white construction paper. (We used the Rainbow Craft found in the Bible Time Family Fun Pack).
Noah’s Ark Finger Play Activity
The finger play is a short rhyme with motions that teaches the children that the rainbow is a symbol of God's promise. Here is the rhyme for the Noah's Ark finger play.
Fun with Water Activity
For this activity we dug out all the girl’s animal figurines and let them have fun making a floating ark!
- I filled a large plastic container with water. Using their imaginations, they created an “ark” with Tupperware (their toy boats were too small to fit all the animals).They put all the animals (and some of their people figurines to represent Noah’s family) in the “ark.”
- We talked about how God used the ark to save Noah’s family and the animals from the flood. God gave everyone an opportunity to get on the ark, but only Noah’s family listened to God’s warning.
- I reminded the children that God sent the flood to destroy sin and not people.
- If you don’t have a large enough container another option is to do this activity at bath time.
Noah’s Mixed Up Animals Activity
In this activity the the girls had a blast matching up the animals for Noah’s ark.
I explained how God asked Noah to bring a pair of each animal into the ark; one male and one female.
I also explained that Noah was to bring seven pair or clean and only one pair of unclean animals.
- We played a matching game (similar to the game, Memory) using animal cards.
- I laid the cards face down and had the girls took turns finding the matching animals cards.
- My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with how well the girls did remembering where the matching animals were. They asked to play again and again throughout the week.
- The animal cards can be made by gluing pairs of animals to index cards. (We used the animal cards found in the Family Fun Pack.)
Noah’s Animal Pairs Bible Activity
We did another fun activity where the girls were reminded that God was happy with Noah’s obedience, while practicing their matching skills using Noah’s Animal Pairs Bible Activity.
Noah’s Ark Bible Questions Activity
Last but not least, this Bible activity tested the girl's knowledge of the Noah’s Ark story.
They did a great job going through and answering each question about the story using the Noah’s Ark Questions Activity.
I hope you enjoyed week 3 of Bible Time FUN Through the Bible. Please comment or share using #bibletimefun.
Don't forget, the Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all these activities, printed for your convenience. Learn more about the Bible Time Family Fun Pack Subscription Box.
Children's Bible Lessons
There are 52 children's Bible lessons, one for each week of the year.
Every lesson, craft and activity is simple, fun and interactive - tailored for toddlers & preschoolers!!
To begin, select a lesson:
10. Baby Moses
13. Balaam’s Donkey
16. Gideon's Army
19. Give us a King