Week 14 - Joshua and the
Battle of Jericho -
Bible Time FUN Through the Bible
Kids Bible Lesson 14 - Joshua and the
Battle of Jericho
Joshua & the
Battle of Jericho
Welcome to week 14!
This week the children learn about Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. Jericho was a heavily guarded city with strong walls and they Israelites thought it would be impossible to take over the city. But with God’s help they brought down the walls without a fight! This story shows the children God’s great power. They also learn that we always win when God fights our battles, and we need to listen to and follow God’s instructions.
Have fun with this great story!
If you haven’t read the introduction to Bible Time yet, I recommend you read the outline about the Bible lessons for children first.
Children's bible lesson about Joshua and the Battle of jericho
- Key Concepts
The key concepts that we focused on this week are:
God is powerful.
We should let God fight our battles.
We should listen to God’s instruction.
You can also come up with your own key concepts.
Bible Verse for kids
The Bible verse for this lesson is Joshua 6:2
“I have delivered Jericho into your hands”.
This Bible verse should be simple enough for your toddler to memorize after a week of practice.
Bible Story Tips
We read “Joshua and the Battle of Jericho” beginning on page 27 of the children's Bible Storybook called Bible-Time Stories and Rhymes.
During story, draw attention to the key concepts for this lesson.
Don't forget to ask questions related to the story, for example, “What did God tell the Israelites to do to capture Jericho?”
The girls saw how God will fight our battles and can do great things if we listen to his instructions.
After the Bible story and discussion session, we stand up and do the interactive rhyme found in the Bible storybook.
After the story and rhyme, we say a prayer that is related to the Bible story. You can either have your children repeat after you or allow them to come up with their own prayer.
Bible Song about joshua and the battle of jericho
The Bible song for this week is "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho".
We cast the song from YouTube to the television, so our children can see the motions on the big screen.
bible Activities about joshua and the battle of jericho
We did different Bible activities each day - related to Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. We also have a selection of free Bible activities about Joshua and the Battle of Jericho here.
The Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all of the Bible activities printed for your convenience, learn more here. Some activities included:
joshua and the battle of jericho bible coloring Page
While our daughters colored the Joshua and the Battle of Jericho Bible Coloring Page, we talked about how God brought down the walls of Jericho without a fight.
Sound the Trumpet bible activity
With trumpets blaring and shouts of victory, the walls of Jericho came crashing down.
- In this activity the girls made a trumpet craft to serve as a reminder to listen to God’s instructions.
We used the Sound the Trumpet Bible Activity.
- I reminded the girls that we must listen to God's instructions.
Strong Walls Bible craft
The walls of Jericho were tall, strong, and very secure. This did not stop God from bringing them down with a shout. This craft is a reminder of God’s great power.
- This Bible craft can be made by cutting a tower shape out of gray (or brown) construction paper.
- Use another piece of sturdy paper to attach to the back of the tower to prop it up. (We used the “Strong Walls Craft” found in the Bible Time Family Fun Pack.)
- During this Bible craft about Joshua and the Battle of Jericho, we talked about how even though the walls were strong and heavily guarded, it did not stop God from bringing them down.
- Remind the children that God is powerful.
Bring Down the Walls Bible Activity
The walls of Jericho were known to be strong and heavily guarded. God did not let this stand in the way.
- When reading this Bible story, I used the prop found in the Bring the Walls Down Kids Bible Activity, to show how God brought the walls of Jericho down.
We reminded the girls how powerful God is.
"Joshua Says" Bible game
God gave Joshua specific instructions on how to win the battle at Jericho. Joshua told the Israelites and they followed all the instructions, resulting in them winning the war.
- We played a fun Bible game called "Joshua Says", to test how well the girls followed instructions. Once they got the hang of it they absolutely loved it!
- We played the game just like Simon says, but I said “Joshua says” instead.
- After the game, I explained that just as they followed the instructions during the game, they must also follow God's instructions.
God’s Battle Plan Bible activity
The battle at Jericho seemed impossible for Joshua and the children of Israel to win. They allowed God to fight with them, however, and had a miraculous victory!
In this Bible activity, we marched the girls through God’s battle plan so they could see it was God who fought the battle at Jericho.
You can use the trumpet from the Sound the Trumpet Bible Activity as a prop during this activity. We made a horn with construction paper and a party whistle favor to make an actual sound of a horn. They loved pretending to be at the battle and using their horns!
After the activity, we explained that we must let God fight our battles.
Perfect 7! bible puzzle
The battle of Jericho seemed like the perfect battle because the Israelites let God fight for them.
- We finished up the week going back over the battle of Jericho and God’s perfect battle plan.
- Using the Perfect 7! Bible Puzzle, we reminded the girls that we should let God fight our battle
I hope you enjoyed week 14 of Bible Time FUN Through the Bible. Please comment or share using #bibletimefun.
Don't forget, the Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all these activities, printed for your convenience. Learn more about the Bible Time Family Fun Pack Subscription Box.
Children's Bible Lessons
There are 52 children's Bible lessons, one for each week of
Every lesson, craft and activity is simple, fun and interactive - tailored for toddlers
To begin, select a lesson.