Week 12 - The Ten Commandments -
Bible Time FUN Through the Bible
Kids Bible Lesson 12 - The Ten Commandments
Welcome to week 12!
This week wraps up the wonderful adventures of Moses. The kids will have fun learning about the Ten Commandments.
The Ten commandments reveal God’s moral standard for how his people should live. Children will learn that God gave us the Ten Commandments and other rules because he loves us and wants us to be happy and live a long life. They also learn that God wants us to obey his commandments, and when we do, we show God that we love him.
If you haven’t read the introduction to Bible Time yet, I recommend you read the outline about the Bible lessons for children first.
Children's bible lesson about the ten commandments - Key Concepts
The key concepts that we focused on this week are:
God gives us rules because he loves us.
God wants us to obey his commandments.
We show God our love when we are obedient.
You can also come up with your own key concepts.
Bible Verse for kids
The Bible verse for this lesson is Exodus 20:2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery”.
This Bible verse should be simple enough for your toddler to memorize after a week of practice.
Bible Story Tips
We read “The Ten Commandments” beginning on page 23 of the children's Bible Storybook called Bible-Time Stories and Rhymes.
During story, draw attention to the key concepts for this lesson.
Don't forget to ask questions related to the story, for example, “Why did God give us the Ten Commandments?”
The girls learned that in being obedient to God we show him that we love him.
After the Bible story and discussion session, we stand up and do the interactive rhyme found in the Bible storybook.
After the story and rhyme, we say a prayer that is related to the Bible story. You can either have your children repeat after you or allow them to come up with their own prayer.
Bible Song about the ten commandments
The Bible song for this week is "Oh How I Love Jesus".
We cast the song from YouTube to the television, so our children can see the motions on the big screen.
bible Activities about the ten commandments
We did different Bible activities each day - related to the Ten Commandments. We also have a selection of free Bible activities about the Ten Commandments here.
The Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all of the Bible activities printed for your convenience, learn more here. Some activities included:
the ten commandments bible coloring Page
While our daughters colored the Ten Commandments Bible Coloring Page, we talked about how the Ten Commandments are rules from God that he gave us to help show love for him and for others.
The ten Commandments bible Craft
This Bible craft demonstrated that God will put his commandments in our hearts so that we will not forget them. During this craft, we talked about how we can show our love for God with our actions and especially in our obedience.
- This Bible craft can be made by cutting a heart shape out of red construction paper and using white construction paper to cut out the commandments shape.
- Next, write the Bible verse, “If you love me keep my commandments,” John 14:15 on the commandment shape. (We used the “Ten Commandments Craft Bible Craft” found in the Bible Time Family Fun Pack.
Dirty Heart ~ Clean Heart Bible Activity
During this Bible activity, we talked about what it means to have a clean heart and how God wants our hearts to be clean inside and out.
- We improvised the Dirty Heart ~ Clean Heart Bible Activity because it rained all week and I didn’t want to put the wet dirt in their pretty boxes. Instead of using dirt, we cut out the good and bad behaviors from the Fall of Two Cities Bible activity.
- The girls sorted through the behaviors and put the good behaviors in their hearts. I explained that when our hearts are clean, we show it in our good behaviors and actions.
House Rules Bible Activity
God wrote the Ten Commandments on stone so the Israelites could see them. He expected them to follow these commandments.
- I wrote out the rules of the house so the girls can see them. We talked about each rule and why they are important. We hung them on the fridge as a reminder that rules are good for us.
- We reminded the girls that God has rules because he loves us.
Following the Signs Bible Game
This Bible game tested the girl’s ability to follow instructions.
Here’s how to play:
- Set up a path using tape, chairs, tables, and so on.
- Write signs displaying instructions like “stop,” “go,” “jump,” etc.
- You can tape the signs onto the walls and chairs, or you can use a milk jug or something similar to display the signs. You can also tape the arrow signs to the floor to let the children know which way they should go.
- Direct your children to follow the path and do what is written on the signs. The first time through, be the leader and read the signs to the children. Put the “EXIT” sign at the end of the path.
- After the Bible game we explained that God wants us to obey his commandments.
ten Commandments Wheel Bible Activity
God gave us the commandments so that we know how to treat God and others good.
We used the Ten Commandments Wheel Bible Activity to help the girls to see the commandments illustrated in a fun way.
We reminded the girls that God wants us to know and obey his commandments.
Do What’s Right bible Activity
We talked about how there are rules and laws everywhere we go. Rules are meant to keep us safe and happy. The Ten Commandments are rules that help us to know right from wrong.
- We finished up the week reviewing the Ten Commandments. By this time, the girls could recall the majority of the commandments, which we were very satisfied with.
- The girls did a great job tracing the numbers for the commandments using the Do What’s Right Bible Activity.
- We reminded the girls that God gave us the ten commandments because he loves us and wants us to do what is right.
I hope you enjoyed week 12 of Bible Time FUN Through the Bible. Please comment or share using #bibletimefun.
Don't forget, the Bible Time Family Fun Pack includes all these activities, printed for your convenience. Learn more about the Bible Time Family Fun Pack Subscription Box.
Children's Bible Lessons
There are 52 children's Bible lessons, one for each week of the year.
Every lesson, craft and activity is simple, fun and interactive - tailored for toddlers & Preschoolers!!
To begin, select a lesson.